Friday, May 24, 2019

Danish Election - Looking at it as I do

As is probably clear by now, I'm on a bit of a downswing from posting; but I thought I'd share something I normally do not post:



This is two images that I've cropped together and added some colour to.

On the top are the first 5 polls of the year, on the bottom are the 5 most recent ones.

You can see that the "O" party has fallen quite far, from an average of around 17.5% to an average of closer to 11%.

I've coloured in the background of each party tag in the colour of the 'alliance' they belong to; blue means more right-wing while red means more left-wing. I've also added arrows in red and green to show direction and size of movement.

So, why don't I normally show this? Cause this is just for me. I do this so I can understand what is going on. Its why its a bit sloppy; its for me; but I decided to share it rather than posting nothing today.

the "long story short" is the left/red alliance is rocketing to a victory 55%-45%.

WHY is "O" falling, and what is that party?

I don't know. I've not looked into it yet. I do things like this to know what I should look into for my post - and I will be making one about Denmark.

If I recall, this is the peoples party, and they are the big anti-immigration party. As to why they've fallen my guess is a scandal. That being said, I'm not certain. I am fairly sure this is the anti-immigration party, but for some reason I think their name may be the Liberals.

This is where I begin when I write posts. It is from here I expand my knowledge and look into things so that I can relate the information to all of you in a conscience and easy to understand manner.

1 comment:

  1. "O" the Danish People's Party is the main Populist Right wing anti-immigration party but the drop in their support is partly due to their party breaking up on the margins. Three other right wing parties have been formed since the last election.

    "Klaus Riskær Pedersen Party" (E on the chart) is to the left of the Danish People's Party but to the right of the regular Conservatives and has garnered about 1% in polls, the other two parties that split are to their right, "The New Right" (D) and "Hard Line" (P) which are both at about 2%.

    Also the centre-left in Denmark is fairly anti-immigration by European leftist standards so some more left leaning on economics "People's Party" voters have gone back to "the Social Democrats".


    ReplyDelete